YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Glogster

In the sidebar, you'll find a new addition called Web 2.0 Applications. Inside this link, there will be various experiments with said Web 2.0 Applications.

The first application I tried out was Glogster. The gist of Glogster is thus: it's basically an interactive poster. Let's say your students are doing a project on recycling. They would normally have to take poster board, huddle around it, bust out the markers and crayons, cut out some pictures from magazines, glue these one, etc. It's a handiwork project; often about how neat and nice you can make it, less about the information provided. Glogster replaces all the handiwork, with Web 2.0 versatility. Instead of a magazine cutout, students could provide a picture of a recycle bin, which includes a hyperlink that will take you to a youtube video explaining with more detail how recycling works. Instead of a sloppy list of recycling do's and don'ts, why not include audio of a song that the students made together, that everyone can hear through the glogster? Sounds fun.

The experience of making my Glog wasn't particularly hard. Probably the most challenging aspect of it was just figuring out how to undo things after I messed up the first time. If you're at all familiar with basic web protocols, then it isn't hard to input a video (though I ended up not including any). What I ended up doing was a catalog of my various movie online profiles. I took a screenshot of each profile, resized it, and then uploaded it to Glogster. Then I embedeed each image to a part of the Glog, and linked the profile to it. While this Glog isn't educational, it did serve to make me realize how it could be applied to such a purpose. Anyway, enjoy the Glog. You can find it under Web 2.0 Applications in the side bar.

Here is my Glog .

No comments:

Post a Comment