YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wiki

I created a wiki, though once again, since it's just to show that I can actually use the material, the subject matter is completely unrelated to cinema. The wiki is here.

The premise is this. I created a fake film festival and made up a bunch of films that could potentially be in that festival. It was pretty random. I just included a ton of movies I liked. I then proceeded to make links for some of the directors of those films, and included fake filmographies on the linked pages. It's a pretty weird way, I realize, to show mastery of the concepts behind the wiki, but I have to keep it interesting for myself, I suppose.

However, the wiki idea is a great one. I'm already imagining students being able to edit documents on the fly, sharing links and information sources with each other, annotating and commenting on the work that their partners are doing. It's definitely a great resource. Also: the edit, save and link aspects of it are fairly simple and easy to grasp. I think anyone could do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment